Wednesday, January 21, 2009

DISNEYLAND!!!!

For new years I went to St George to visit Lauri and just hang out in beautiful St George, and we somehow managed to convince Lauri's mom to take a trip down to disneyland with us. I hadn't been since I was 11 and it was with a cousin I didn't really know, so it was still fun, but it wasn't like I could run around the place acting.....well like me :)

Somehow we did it! I got that Friday off of work, and we left on Thursday, well Technically Friday morning at 1:30. We drove all night, arrived at 7, got the tickets, parked at the hotel and walked across the street to the resort. I always new it was called the happiest place on earth, but it REALLY IS the happiest place on earth!!!

I was so excited just to see the sign. We were able to have a "magical morning" and go in before the rest of the park opened....literally, I almost cried....I was just so happy to be there. Lauri's been there so many times that she has the whole system down so we didn't have to wait in hardly any lines...except two, and they weren't even THAT long...oh wait, but the tower of terror was WAY long, and i'm not gonna lie...not worth it. :) I know Lauri loved that ride, but me not so much. I'm not a big fan of elevators as it is, i try to avoid them at all costs, stairs are my friends, and the whole ride is being in an elevator!!! holy crap. that's all i have to say. I was so scared i couldn't even scream...i just clung on for my life to the little bar that was on the side of my seat. But after all is said and done, i'm glad to say that i actually went on it, though i doubt it will happen again.




Lauri's friend Becca came and met us for a few hours to play in disneyland. This is us being scared before we went into the haunted house...it wasn't half as scary as the tower of terror......






I made friends with the cow maggie. She was having so much fun just sticking her tongue out, so of course i thought it was funny and seemed like a good photo opp!



Just another picture in the happiest place on earth...it's just fun to be somewhere that makes you smile just to look around.... i've already had three dreams about disneyland since coming home, and i keep wanting to go back....maybe in another 10 years or so.



This has to be one of my favorite pictures from the trip. :) it was taken at the beginning of the day right as we walked in....and that's pretty much how i felt the whole trip. :) Thanks Lauri's mom and of course you lauri for being my friend at disneyland...and my friend in general!! p.s. i need to come to st george agian! :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just two corrections: it hardly takes any convincing to get my mom to Disneyland, she will go at the drop of that hat for whatever excuse you give her. and 2 you weren't clutching the bar on your seat, you were clutching me... hahaha.. I still love that ride. And I had a blast, I'm glad we could make your new year. And you do need to come down to st. george. I just figured you'd be here every weekend this semester, you may as well transfer your ward records.